We appreciate the unique needs and goals of non-profit organizations.
We serve a wide variety of organizations that are involved in non-profit and charitable work within Canada and internationally. Included in this practice is acting as advisors to a wide range of church and para-church organizations.
We understand that, as a non-profit or charitable organization, you need legal counsel with a strong appreciation of the business issues you face, but also with a sensitivity and understanding of your unique goals and objectives. From the initial structuring of a new organization to charitable gift planning and dealings with Canada Revenue Agency, we have extensive experience and knowledge to help your organization in a wide range of matters, including:
- Corporate planning and governance issues
- Resolving membership and other disputes
- Dealing with employment and human rights matters
- Preparing facility use agreements
- Joint venture, agency, and contract for services agreements
- Drafting internal policies
- Highly sensitive matters such as allegations of sexual abuse
We frequently present seminars and write articles on recent legal developments affecting charities and other non-profit entities.
Click here for a list of articles on Charities, Churches and Not-For-Profits.